Hey, guys, how about a little variation on the Pallof Press? Try this one for some added eccentric control and slight rotation to an already great exercise. Use this exercise for core stability.
Press play to see demonstration.
What you'll need:
- A band
- An anchor point to attach the band (torso height)
- Airex pad or similar
Setting up the exercise.
Here's how to get into the exercise.
- Loop the band around an anchor point that is 45 degrees from where the pad is positioned (as seen in the video).
- Grab the band and get into the half kneeling position (one knee is on the pad, while the other knee is out if front of you).
- Make sure that your front leg is at a 90 degree angle.
- If you are rotating to your right, then your right leg will be in the back position.
- With a tall chest, press the band straight out in front of you and then rotate 45 degrees to the right.
- Draw the hand back into the torso and repeat the motion.